Thursday, December 13, 2007

Something Special

This was our Youth Benediction when I was in the Youth group. I have always loved this prayer and wanted to share it!!


May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious onto you.
May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace. Amen.



After youth was over we would circle up and across your right arm over your left arm and hold the hands of the people next to you in the circle. After we said our praises and prayers we would said our benediction. After we finished we would still hold hands and the whole circle would turn to the right and as a whole circle we would turn all the way around and still be holding hands and face the outside. Ready for a new week!!!

Oh how much I loved youth group and going. I have been hearing many people saying "May God Bless you and keep you" lately and it just keeps reminding me of Youth and I just wanted to share!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

I love this benediction too! I still remember reciting it often. Thanks for reminding me of this!