Friday, March 23, 2007

The Question

I'm not one for magical fantasies and mushy love stories, but here is how it went down...

I picked up the ring on my lunch break on Tuesday, March 20th. I had plans to meet Hillary that evening, but I didn't intend on giving the ring to her. I thought that I would be able to wait for a while until a more planned out scenario. I didn't even make it through 12 hours with the ring. It was burning a whole in my pocket once I had possession of it and I just had to give it to her, so I did it in my own little way.

We were hanging out at my house when I got up and covertly got the ring out of its box right in front of her without her knowing. Once I had the ring in my hand, I went over to her and starting kissing her. Don't worry, this wont get any more graphic than that. As I kissed her, I checked her eyes to make sure they were closed and I placed the ring in her had. I could tell that she was starting to realize what was happening, so I kept kissing her just to make it hard on her. Ha ha!

She didn't quite have the reaction that I expected. I thought that she might get emotional, but instead, I shocked her so much that she started feeling sick to her stomach. Thank God she didn't throw up. Then, of course, I didn't talk to her for about an hour because she was calling everybody she had ever known.

There was nothing fancy or extravagant about this proposal, but to us, it was PERFECT!

5 comments:

Momma said...

Brett, you are right...
"but to us, it was PERFECT!"

Darby said...

I think this is an awesome story!!!

Lindsey said...

Aww you are too sweet. The two of you together is perfect :)

Aunt Bev said...

Hillary, honey for once in my life I think I am speechless.
But I am so happy for you and Brett.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so very happy for both of you. God bless you.