Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Clinicals!!!!




Hello!!!! So life has been the busiest I think it could ever possible be!!! I started clinicals three weeks ago and have not stopped yet. Between clinicals ALL of the paperwork that goes along with it and then studying for Fundamentals, Pharmacology, and Dosage (Math for Nursing) and then life, I have had a lot going on. I love clinicals and really like my facility, West Meade Place in Bellevue, an assisted living/ Rehab facility. In my three weeks there I have cared for three patients and must say I have had the best patients for my first time being Nurse! Being “Nurse” is what or instructors call our role! Every morning our instructors come in and say “Good morning Nurses!!”, then we pray as a group for our fellow Nurses that are there with us! It is just some so in encouraging.
Each week I have a patients, starting Mondays I go in meet my patient and learn about what is going on with them. What I can do to assist in their daily lives there at WMP! Tuesday and Wednesday are the days that we do all of the care for each patient. There are seven of us in our group and we work closely with one another, so really I get to see six other patients for three days!

I have had a great experience during my clinicals and have been able to do very interesting procedures! When you first learn something out of a book, it seems just ok, but when you really get to see and do thing up close and personal, WOW!!! I am going to love my job as a Nurse. I know I have sure picked the PERFECT job for me!!!

My picture is of my first clinical day at West Meade Place!

2 comments:

Katie said...

That is awesome, Hillary! I'm so glad you are enjoying it. You look so cute in your white! :)

Tara said...

Thanks for including the picture! You look so very professional! All you need is the little white hat... Ha Ha! Just kidding, although I think it would look pretty darn cute on you. Glad you are enjoying your new career choice! I know you have your hands full right now. It is tough planning a wedding and going to school too, I survived and so will you.