Saturday, December 15, 2007

Merry Chrismas to me!!!!


























I know it is not Christmas yet, but I did get my present early… Brett got me tickets to see the Nutcracker Ballet!!!!! I absolutely adore the Nutcracker and always enjoy going to see it!! Brett got us Orchestra level sets in the middle row and middle section. It was so amazing and I had just the most wonderful time. I got a new Nutcracker doll; new mini Pointe shoes (ornament) and a ballerina in a Piqué turn (also an ornament). I have several Nutcracker dolls and ornaments that I have gotten each year that I attend the ballet and added new ones to my collection.

I love ballet; it is my favorite style of dance. I really believe that I will never be able to give this up. I have tried a few times to not take classes, but I just feel like I am going crazy if I don’t. It lets out so much stress and helps me calm down; dance is defiantly my outlet for stress and tension. What will I do when school is back in session and I do not have the time? I for one will have to find a studio that is closer to Brett’s house once we get married and I move to Old Hickory.

Our friends Richie and Sara also had tickets and we made it a double date!! We meet and went to eat at the Old Spaghetti Factory and then the ballet. While we were there for intermission we meet up (we had different sets) and were talking. Then the most incredible thing happened to us!! This couple came up and asked if we would take their picture. So Sara took the camera for the pictures. While Sara took the first picture which was very nice he turns and looks at her and is talking and trying to kiss her. She is trying to get him to look at the camera and smile. “I overheard her say what you are doing?” and then all of a sudden he reaches into his coat breast pocket and pulls out her engagement ring. Right there in front of us he asked her to marry him!!!! I was so incredible. Brett, Richie and I figured it out when we saw him reach into his coat, but Sara already knew. He had leaned into her and told her what he was up to. We all just thought he was showing her how to work the camera. She knew so she keep taking pictures of the while thing. It was so awsome and such a treat to see!!! Oh yeah and she said “YES!!!”

4 comments:

Darby said...

Too fun! It was great to see yall today!

Tara said...

That is an incredible story!! How great that you got to witness something like that! Glad you had fun at the Nutcracker. I would love to go next year! I miss ballet so much, I really want to get back into it. Man, if only we lived closer we could do it together!

Brett&Hillary said...

We should go next year!!! Brett has said he will not go again. He has had his lifetime fill, I do think!!! LOL!!!



Darby it was so great to see you, too!!! Hope it is not to long before we see you again!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

How fun!! Good job Brett for going. Maybe by next year he will forget how much he didn't like it and will go again!